Why an RV Trailer Beats an Airplane Anyday
1. An RV trailer open up traveling. It's the thrill of the open road, the places you hardly ever hear about but dot the landscape. Cafes, historical monuments, natural wonders...that old west dive bar with the great karaoke crowd and $1.50 drinks.
2. Flight attendants are stressed out. At some point in the history of air travel, "stewardess" went from being this sexy, glamorous job to the last line of defense to the cockpit. Any complaint, no matter how rational, means you could spend the rest of the flight on the ground in flex-cuffs.
3. Planes are cramped. It doesn’t matter how much faster they get you there, it is not fun having to sit on a glorified bus for an hour to five hours, sandwiched between the inevitable traveling salesmen and in front of the 5 year-old intent on making the back of your seat a punching bag.
4. RV trailers have beds. That you can stretch out is one thing. That you or your passengers can move about the cabin as much as they want is another.
5. RV trailers not only replace a plane, they replace your hotel room and your rental car. It's everything you need packed into a single vehicle.
6. An RV trailer can take you more places. The idea that travel is just about going to another city for a few days is limited. What about pro or college football tailgating? You think a Packers tailgate party would be less fun or more with an RV that has a kitchen, tables, TV and bathroom? I'm thinking it would be more - one trip to a Port-a-san in Green Bay and you'll think so too.
7. RV trailers don't have security checkpoints. Or baggage check lines. RV travel allows you to be more comfortable. You are not only allowed to bring as much carry on luggage as you feel like - but you will never have a bored employee root around in your bags to see if you are carrying more than 4 oz. of toothpaste.
8. Planes smell bad. Face it, they do. Have you ever seen what the cleaning crew on a plane does? They fold a blanket or two and swab off any suspicious stains they might find. But since air travel is all about turnaround, they don't have time to do much of anything else. The design on the seat cushions sure looks like they haven't updated since the mid 80s…
9. Planes can leave without you. With air travel, you are entirely at the mercy of the flight schedule. If you really like being insulted, try this on for size: If you are late, the plane will leave without you, but the airline is free to be as late as they please - and they usually are.
10. You won’t starve on your RV vacations!